The Future of Education is Open Source
其一是我之前在Open edX 服务企业提到:
我认领了几个感兴趣的Open edX 2018会议主题，对其做些简单的解读，解读的过程中，顺着会议的演讲和PPT，翻阅了open edx社区里不少公司的工作成果，觉得许多都很有价值，想分享出来，今后大家遇到类似的需求，也许可以直接使用社区里的公司分享出来的解决方案和源码
原因之二是，之前同Elite Education做了一次深入的交流，想一起来推进国内的生态，为open edx国内用户提供一些帮助和服务，其中一项是定期跟进open edx社区的动态，把这些信息update给国内的用户
本文的目标是盘点Open edX社区中积极拥抱开源的公司(这些公司也基本是open edx社区里技术实力最强的)，同时向大家推荐它们贡献给开源社区的一些有意思的项目，希望这些项目对大家有用
以上这些公司的open edx主平台(edx-platform)基本都按照open edx协议(GPLv3)要求的开源了,下边主要列出主平台之外的项目
The leading training platform for hands-on learning experiences.
Appsembler makes it easy to deliver course content and virtual training labs, so you can focus on what truly matters: your learners.
- figures: Figures is a reporting and data retrieval app. It plugs into the edx-platform LMS app server. Its goal is to provide site-wide and cross-course analytics that compliment Open edX's traditional course-centric analytics.
- react-lms: A project that explores creating an Open edX LMS frontend that's separated from the backend and communicates using API's.
- unlockerX: An app to manage (and remove) both student-specific and IP-based locks in the Open edX platform.
- msft-courses: Microsoft courses bulk import mini-tool for Open edX installations.
- xblock-video: Universal Video XBlock with pluggable backend for many video hosting providers
- appsembleredx: Common migrations, management commands, models, templates, etc. for Appsembler Open edX projects
We are fully committed to the development and promotion of the Open edX technology, to deliver the best available technologies to serve high quality education worldwide.
Our team of Online learning specialists has been working exclusively in Open edX related projects for over 4 years, providing Software as a service hosting solutions, consulting services, technology integration, content creation, and professional e-learning solutions and infrastructure for a wide range of online education, training and assessment initiatives around the world.
- crm-integration-xblock: XBlock to send info to a third party CRM (Salesforce)
- flow-control-xblock: An Xblock to control the learning path for the Open edX platform
we created an approach to learning unlike any other. We call it custom learning experiences – unique and powerful learning that leverage the latest in learning science and advances in technology to engage the learner and create true learning. We are a service provider that takes a comprehensive approach to create custom online learning, providing ID, UX/UI, development/QA, program management, hosting/support and learner acquisition services.
- short-answer-xblock: This XBlock provides a way for students to submit short essayic texts.
Lets a student mark they've finished an activity.
gradebook-edx-platform-extensions (gradebook) is a Django application responsible for calculating and persisting user's grade and proforma grade for a course. Gradebook application computes user's grades in a course on score_changed signal of courseware.
- richie: Open edX is a great tool for authoring (Studio), hosting and playing (LMS) interactive online courses and MOOCs.However, if you need to build a complete website with flexible content to aggregate your courses, in several languages and from different sources, you will soon need a CMS.
- fun-apps:The main code repository for FUN MOOC
- videofront:An extensible video storage, transcoding and streaming video provider(aws)
- xblock-ipython:An Xblock to integrate ipython (Jupyter) notebooks in Open edX.
- edx-gea: This XBlock provides a way to grade external activity in edx-platform. The course staff will upload a simple csv containing usernames, grades and optional comments. Then through the same XBlock students will see their evaluation.
- proctoru-xblock: ProctorU is a leading online proctoring service that allows students to take proctored exams online from anywhere using a webcam and a high speed internet connection, and allows institutions to maintain academic integrity in their online education programs.
Data-Driven and Open Source Learning Ecosystems Built on Open edX
- jupyter-viewer-xblock: View Jupyter Notebooks in Open edX,Jupyter is a "killer app" for education. Jupyter is a "killer app" for education. Many people are writing lessons, tutorials, whole courses and even books using Jupyter. It is a new genre of open educational resource (OER). What if you want to create an online course on Open edX using content originally written as Jupyter notebook? You certainly don't want to duplicate the content, much less copy-and-paste. This XBlock allows you to embed the content dynamically from a notebook available on a public URL.
- OpenBadgesXBlock-v1: First version of the XBlock to award open badges from the Open edX platform
- jupyter-edx-grader-xblock: Jupyter Problem XBlock for Open edX.Auto-grade a student assignment created as a Jupyter notebook, using the nbgrader Jupyter extension, and write the score in the Open edX gradebook
- CPSX-xBlock: The purpose of this Xblock is to allow small groups of 2, 3 or more to work on a set of edX problems together through real-time chat. The problems in the assignment can be any type of edX problem, e.g. numerical input, drag-and-drop, etc.
如果你想动手安装，参考:edX Analytics Installation
Deliver online courses on the Open edX platform. Get a team of proven experts to host it and customize it for you.
- problem-builder: Both blocks allow to create questions of various types. They can be used to simulate the workflow of real-life mentoring, within an edX course.
- openedx-completion-aggregator: openedx-completion-aggregator is a Django app that aggregates block level completion data for different block types for Open edX.
- xblock-eoc-journal: The "End of Course" Journal XBlock provides ability for a participant to download his/her activity once he/she completes the course. Currently only problem-builder freeform answers are supported.
- learner-profile-dashboard: LTI tool for collecting information about a learner's background and interests.
Our leaders have extensive experience in content creation, teaching, and L&D processes design, almost always using educational technologies. After trying different platforms and approaches we’ve chosen Open edX as the main EduTech focus.
- rg_instructor_analytics:RG Analytics is an internal Raccoon Gang project which aim is to create easy-to-use, actionable insights for Open edX courses instructors.
- edx_xblock_scorm: XBlock to display SCORM content within the Open edX LMS. Editable within Open edx Studio. Will save student state and report scores to the progress tab of the course. Currently supports SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004 standard.
- edx-adapt: Adaptive problem selection interface for EdX courses